The Arc Fond du Lac is a human service organization that empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to become independent and integrated into the community through advocacy, education, training and support.
The purposes of The Arc Fond du Lac, Inc., as stated in the By-Laws of the organization, are:
- To promote the general welfare of the developmentally disabled.
- To foster the development of programs on their behalf.
- To encourage research related to all disabilities.
- To advise and aid parents and guardians in the solution of their problems.
- To provide advocacy services for persons with disabilities and their families.
- To develop a better understanding by the public of the problems encountered by individuals with disabilities.
- To cooperate and collaborate with all public, private, and religious agencies, and professional groups in the furtherance of those ends.
- To have the option to cooperate with and assist The Arc of Wisconsin Disability Association and The Arc U.S.
- To serve as a local resource for information.
- To solicit and receive funds for the accomplishment of the above purposes.
The Arc will be the preferred provider of a full spectrum of services to improve the quality of life for persons with developmental disabilities in the Fond du Lac area.
The Arc will focus on:
- Individuals and families
- Providing opportunities and services
- Supporting persons with developmental disabilities to build an enriched life
- Integrating people with developmental disabilities into the community
- Being the preferred “place to go”