The Arc Fond du Lac is a human service organization that empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to become independent and integrated into the community through advocacy, education, training and support.
The purposes of The Arc Fond du Lac, Inc., as stated in the By-Laws of the organization, are:
- To promote the general welfare of the intellectually and developmentally disabled.
- To foster the development of programs on their behalf.
- To encourage research related to all disabilities.
- To advise and aid parents and guardians in the solution of their problems.
- To provide advocacy services for persons with disabilities and their families.
- To develop a better understanding by the public of the problems encountered by individuals with disabilities.
- To cooperate and collaborate with all public, private, religious agencies and professional groups in the advancement towards those ends.
- To be part of The Arc Wisconsin and The Arc U.S. in advancing our mission on a statewide and national basis.
- To serve as a local resource for information.
- To solicit and receive funds for the accomplishment of the above purposes.
Every person with a disability can lead a fulfilling, independent, healthy life of their own choosing and make meaningful contribution to their family and community.
The Arc Fond du Lac will be the preferred provider of a full spectrum of services to improve the quality of life for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) in the Fond du Lac area.